- Choose an agent that is right for you and ticks all your boxes.
- Decide on the time you would like to sell, this will depend on what plans your family has, what’s happening in the broader market and if you are going to buy another home before or after you sell your current home.
- Complete any necessary repairs on the property and style the property as needed; presentation is key when selling.
- Your lawyer or conveyancer will need to prepare a contract of sale for the property.
- Decide on the method of sale. Your Agent will discuss with you the trends of your area and help you to gain an expectation of what your property will sell for so that you are able to set the right price and have buyers come through the door.
- Market your property; After discussing a marketing schedule with you, your Agent will begin marketing your home which will include photography, drawing up a floorplan, advertising the property both online and offline, scheduling open home inspections and erecting a for sale sign.
Your Agent will negotiate between you and prospective buyers until you accept an offer.